Click column header to sort
We are currently looking for passionate Agile Coaches who can help individuals, teams, and organizations continually grow and improve. The ideal candidate has expertise with a variety of agile frameworks, the ability to adapt their coaching stance based on context, scale, and complexity, and a focus on continuously improving our teams and our clients.
Senior DevOps Automation Engineers at Excella are leaders and experts at designing and implementing Continuous Delivery (CD) solutions.
You might be the right person for this role if:
- You enjoy working in a CD environment where software is maintained in a deployable state throughout its lifecycle, and the team prioritizes keeping the software in a deployable state over working on new features.
- Fast feedback on the quality and 'deployability' of the system is available to all team members and then reports are made that the system isn't deployable, fixes are made quickly.
- Software can be deployed to production or end users at any time, on demand.
The Data Scientist is responsible for using advanced statistical, algorithmic, machine learning, mining and visualization techniques to help advance and complete client projects. The Data Scientist must also be able to communicate complex quantitative analyses in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to management and executive level audiences.
The Data Engineer participates in the design and build of modern data products that comprise of raw data stores (data lakes) and cleansed data repositories, populated by batch or streaming data pipelines. The Data Engineer works with a team to create a robust, sustainable and flexible design and leads the technical delivery using Agile delivery frameworks like Scrum or Kanban.
Senior Cloud Engineers at Excella serve as hands-on designers and team leaders driven to build the most efficient, resilient, secure and stable infrastructure possible using Amazon Web Services.
You might be the right person for this role if you are driven to build systems with the characteristics present in the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Operational excellence: Building systems designed with the ability to prepare, operate, and evolve.
- Security: Building systems designed to protect information, system integrity and other assets while delivering business value.
- Reliability: Building systems designed with the ability to recover from infrastructure or service disruptions, scale as needed, and reduce the impact of configuration or transient network issues.
- Performance efficiency: Building systems designed with the ability to efficiently use available compute resources to deliver low latency across multiple regions.
- Cost optimization: Building systems designed to deliver the highest business value at the lowest price point.
- Continuous Delivery: Delivering all Cloud infrastructure as code using continuous delivery principles.
Excella’s Training division is seeking to hire a full time Agile trainer to join our training team. The position is a full time position. Ideally the trainer is based in the DC/MD/VA area, though we would consider candidates outside the DC area. Though most of our training base is in the DC area, we also travel across the country to deliver training to various client offices in the US.
User Experience (UX) Designers at Excella work with stakeholders, developers, and designers to understand the big problems and collaborate on effective solutions. Our UX Designers are engaged in every part of the UX process, including user research, information architecture, content strategy, interaction design, user interface design, and visual design. If you want be a part of a team determined to design effective solutions and improve the web, then we are looking for you.
We are seeking a Data Science Practice Lead to set the strategic direction of our data science practice, mentor our current team of data scientists and work directly with clients to understand and define analysis objectives and translate these into actionable results.The Data Science Practice Lead is responsible for using advanced statistical, algorithmic, machine learning, mining and visualization techniques to help advance and complete client projects. The Data Science Practice Lead must also be able to communicate complex quantitative analyses in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to management and executive level audiences.
Engineering Leaders at Excella are consultants and thought leaders with great business and technology skills, who are responsible for providing expertise to the teams as we deliver game changing products and applications for commercial and government clients. The SRE Lead is part of a senior team leading all capabilities Excella offers to client.
You might be the right person for this role if:
- Automation is always front-of-mind for you: you’re always on the prowl to reduce the number of manual steps and write automation so computers can do what computers are good at and humans can do what humans are good at. When you’re automating tasks, you think about how to automate something and what not to automate.
- You love helping people with different perspectives work together to deliver highly resilient services to production quickly and frequently.
- You recognize the relationship between the pace of innovation and product stability and establish target availability and error budgets to manage the tradeoffs across development and SRE teams.
- You have the curiosity to understand why systems and services behave the way they do in complex technical environments.
- You’re passionate about enabling and running systems that align technology to business outcomes.
- You’re experienced making systems humane and sustainable for everyone involved.